SOCIAL MEDIA

August 24, 2014

LA FLEUR


Last outfit post from California (cries). But not forgetting that I still have many other non outfit related posts queued up, including the video diary of my documented adventures. Also working on blogging every week, even though I feel like I have been the busiest ever since I got back. This entire trip brought out a whole new person in me. Take waking up early, for instance. I am so not a morning person, I'd give breakfasts a miss and eat lunch when it is almost 3 hours to dinner. Another huge lesson I learnt was not giving a single care towards trivial matters. I used to care so much about people's lives and opinions, how my actions would affect them and by them meaning people I don't even talk to. I was so bothered about almost everything till it became unhealthy.

All these changed slowly during the trip. I'm so blessed to have the most understanding Uncle, he taught me many life lessons that is truly beneficial for me. I talked to him about what I was bothered by and he told me, "You're making yourself your own victim". I don't know why but I just woke up. I came to a realisation that I don't need to be sweating on the small stuff when I can be just, happy. Ever since then, I dropped all aspects of irrelevance from my life and I have no idea how to tell you this, but I felt so much lighter and happier. I appreciate the people I care about even more than I did before. I feel like I am more focused on the things I want to achieve rather than splitting the attention on distractions that don't matter at all. And to top it off, I am now a morning person (yay). No needed explanation for this because I just make it a habit to go to bed early.

I've not written my thoughts for a really long time and now that I finally did, I truly hope that you will be happier by cutting off unnecessary matters. Drive that attention to something that brings you joy, be it baking or reading, whatever that calls out to you, baby steps!

Wearing: Papaya romper, Urban Outfitters sunnies, Windsor Smith shoes. Photos by Dan.

x


Post a Comment